Thursday, May 6, 2010

Let's split it.

How come the whole boys paying for girls on dates isn't common anymore? Nor is the boys holding doors for girls (or maybe I'm just around the wrong type of males).I was laying down thinking about this whole .. "you should be a gentleman to ladies thing." Since people I'm around are 'young adults', do males think they're exempt from this until there adult. Cause they're kind of ... not. I went to the movies with someone recently and he paid for the movie. It felt really strange for some odd reason. I'm so used to paying for myself for everything that when someone else pays I'm like .. hmm okay. I'm not against it of course but I'm also like .. "I can pay for my own shit." But then again, heyy if you want to pay for me go right ahead. Thumbs up in my book, but if you don't then it's cool, there's no thumbs down or anything. My sister had an encounter where a male said lets split it and the check was like 20$. Mind you she's above 18; therefore, the male is too. Now, thats a mess. Once I'm above like 20 ... all the males I date should be paying for everything on our date unless I offer (which I probably will cause i'm not crazy superficial). But I do want the option thrown out there. .. just saying.

As for opening the doors for girls, I've seen more white males do this then black males and that makes me go -_-. Most (not all) males I know don't remember to open the door, unless I'm standing there like "Are you going to open the door?". Then they're like "oooo yeah..". Reactions like that are not cool. I'm not the type of girl that will go crazy if you don't open the door for me but if you never open it, then you'll probably here a comment. I just think those two things males need to do a lot more. But right now, I don't care that much but when I become older then it'll matter. As for things, like opening my car door thats um ... unnecessary. I can open my own door, thanks. And why doesn't anyone go on legit dates any more? Shit, maybe its the recession but I see all these cute dates in movies (yeah, i know its a movie) but it can easily done in real life. I don't know but I see myself becoming extremely picky in the future because of the males I've encountered throughout my time in high school. once again .. just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment