Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Name (continued..)

I don't know how I feel yet about writing about my thoughts / topics on a blog that everyone can see because sometimes my thoughts might be rather ... offensive -_-. But I'll censor. But back to why I picked the title of my blog to be "Social Medicaid" cause I wanted a title that wasn't cliche but kind if in a way .. cool and "deep" (yeah, not really.) The song 'Social Drugs' is basically about the world and society we live in. The way I interruprut it is that, she is talking about dealing with struggles by using drugs ... but she's not actually using drugs. It's more of a metaphor. It also talks about breaking the barrier and how people try to bring you back. At least, thats what I think but anywhoo...

I picked the word Social Medicaid from the song because 1. The word social. I want to talk about social topics in this, cause i have a lot of opinions about a lot of things that I see around me specifically in MA / Boston Area. & 2. The word Medicaid. Seeing as Medicaid is suppose to be a program that helps low-income familys receive medical help, I interrupted it as ..Medicaid (me-di-cade) ; when people help you but its not really working out. This interpretation is a stretch, I know but I'm tryna make it work or explain myself in a way. Now that I've written that it kind of makes no sense but ... i don't care. peep the song for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy2OJ12VYi8

So finally, I'm just going to write about anything I want. Probably about situations I see consistently that annoy me but I don't plan on calling people out and stuff. Not my thing..Oh, and I might throw some of my poems in her (gasp). Hahah, but yeah lets see how long this last cause....i suck at staying consistent with these things. bye now

No comments:

Post a Comment